Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Janmashtami @ XIMB



There have been so many Krishna janmashtamies till date in my life, 22 to be precise, but I have never enjoyed the birthday of Krishna this much as I did here at XIMB.

The annals of my mind are still replete with the memories of how I used to celebrate the occasion back home-getting up early in the morning, taking the bath and visiting temple to see the new born Makhanchor. I know it’s boring, but that’s the way it’s meant to be celebrated. That’s the tradition. But then I remember someone long ago said- “If it's not fun, you're not doing it right”

Well, that’s been the tradition here.
Batch had its own share of fun by setting up The ‘dahi handi’ in the campus, as I mentioned this is a tradition, but perhaps this is for the first time many of us tried our hand on this adventurous and audacious event (I know usage of the bombastic words is not indispensable but can’t help it, I felt it that way).

The guys from the batch coming together to take on the challenge, some new rivalries emerged between sections and some new mateship developed as well. Trying to form the human tower amidst heavy dunking and Govinda Ala Re playing in the background, it was a moment to savour & cherish and look forward until next janmashtami for the pgp 2s and for the pgp 1s respectively, until then its Govinda Ala Re-- at XIMB campus!

No comments: